iPad Always on My Mind

Willie Nelson sang the song, Always on My Mind, well I have a new take. I have ordered 3 iPads so that each technology integration specialist could develop ideas on how we will use these devices with students and teachers. I have been waiting (not very patiently) for them to arrive. I had hoped they would have been delivered on Monday, but alas nothing but a VGA Dock Cable for the iPad.Tuesday, two more boxes showed up, and alas, nothing but the Case and Dock connector. But wait, printed on the packing list was the sales order number and with it came the ability to track the shipment. The news is not good for my desire to have one in my hands today. You see the iPads left Shenzhen, China at 1:30 PM today (weird as it is only 9:29 AM now) and will not arrive in Durham NC until 4/8/10. That is not until this Thursday!
Ups  Tracking Information
Luckily, I teach at a great school where students are often the first adopters. I had wondered how long it would take to have a student ask me to help them set up their iPad. Students were off on Monday so today was the first day back in the post iPad era. School started at 8:00 AM and at 9:01 in walked Tim P. with his new iPad wondering if he could get it on the network, download the Durham Academy Mobile app and get FirstClass installed. We worked on it together and at one point, he said, “Go ahead you can touch it”. Be still my heart. Thank you Tim and Thursday can not come soon enough.
Timipad
If we get textbooks on this device, there will be no need to carry around 30 to 40 pounds of dead atoms.

I am also reminded of the famous math word problems we all loved so much when in school. Two trains leave … In 2010, if a plane leaves Shenzhen, China traveling East and a plane leaves Raleigh NC traveling west, when will I get my iPad? Perhaps it is time for Wolfram Alpha?

Back to reality Karl or at least deep breaths….

Technorati Tags: , , ,