Durham Academy Middle School implemented Google Apps for Education in November of 2010 so that all students, regardless of age, could access the powerful collaborative tools. With little training and few issues, students and teachers have Gone Google in meaningful and substantial ways to advance the learning of our students with this transformative collection of tools.
Google launched a Gone Google campaign for companies, schools and others to tell how Going Google has impacted the organization. I also read a blog post by Dean Shareski about how he started this Google Doc. I thought I would combine the two ideas and created my own Gone Google Doc to see if students and teachers would help create a Gone Google Video. After asking a few teachers to nominate students, I nominated teachers who were actively using Google Apps with their students. I created a Google Doc asking for a short video and shared it with the people.
Teachers and students, I would like to hear how using Google Docs has helped you with school. The idea is to get short (30 – 60 second) videos where you answer the following statements. I will take the clips submitted and edit them together to create the Gone Google movie. We will do this all in Google Docs.
The idea is for you to create a short 30 second video clip that you shoot on your own with your computer and then upload it to Google Docs and share it with me, I can get it from there to make the Gone Google Video.
1. State your first name and grade (No last names as it is going on the Internet)
2. Complete this sentence: “I have gone Google because I ………….
(Talk about how Google Docs helps you or any other comment that works for you).
3. Complete this sentence: My tip on how to use Google Docs is to ………
(Perhaps it is something you do for yourself that helps you be more productive).
4. Complete this sentence: I wish I could do _____________ with Google Docs?
(Optional – leave out if you have no wish).
5. Add any other comments you want.
1. Use your computer’s web cam and Photobooth or iMovie or any other software to create the movie. (If desired, I can video you at school).
2. Leave a gap at the start and at the end so I can trim it. 3 seconds is a fine amount to leave.
3. Name it lastname.gonegoogle.
4. Upload it to Google Docs and Share it with me. It should be in a .mov format.
5. Have the movie to me by 3/22/2011
6. If you need help uploading the file, see this link: http://docs.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=50092&topic=1153381
I am sharing it via our VoiceThread so if you would like to leave a comment, please do.